Vintage Rug, Area Turkish Rug, Anatolian Handmade Wool Carpet, 5×8.5 ft 7837
Unique antique Turkish rug, hand knotted by Turkish Bedouin women in Anatolia Mountains in Turkey 50 -40 years ago
• One-of-a-kind – only one in stock!
• Dimensions: 5×8.5 ft ( 154×258 cm)
• Material: 100% Organic Wool & Organic cotton
• Dye: Natural Vegetable-Based Coloringa
Antique carpet refers to antique carpet. These rugs were mostly woven in the mid-20th century, namely during the 1970s; They have a lot of nostalgic feelings. Turkish rugs became popular in the West thanks to mid-century contemporary designers. Most of these are Bani Wren rugs handwoven by local women, using different colours, shapes and designs inspired by their real-life stories. The primitive touch was a reason for designers to incorporate them into their modern creations. Hence, these antique Turkish rugs are a perfect addition to a modern style.
Turkish Carpet Time
The carpet is a completely hand-woven carpet woven in Anatolia before the 1980s. It is made of wool and cotton. It has also been cut, shaved and washed in a modern vintage style. No machine was used at any stage while weaving the carpet. There are 22 loops 8 cm wide and 28 loops 8 cm long. The weaving process took place between 4 and 6 months on average. In addition, with a technique called weft knitting, edge decoration, side ring knitting and different techniques varying from region to region were used. Since such carpets are woven by hand, it is not possible to find the same, but similar ones can be found in terms of color and pattern. That’s why this rug is unique.
Condition of the Carpet The Carpet has been used very carefully and has been well preserved. It has been shaved and cleaned so that it can be reused after product selection. In addition, since the carpet is completely natural, it has not been repaired, reshaped or colored. Although it has a history of about 40 years, it has a modern appearance.
Turkish Carpet CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
• It should not be whipped or beaten during cleaning. It should be cleaned daily with the brushless heads of the vacuum cleaner.
• It should be wiped with a soft cloth with natural soap or carpet shampoo. Chemical detergents and harsh cleaning materials such as brushes cause deterioration in the structure of the carpet.
• The temperature of the water used in cleaning processes should not exceed 30 degrees.
• Liquid spilled on it should be removed by making a tampon with the help of an absorbent cloth. Stains should be treated immediately.
• It should be dried in a short time after cleaning.
Thank you for your interest in our rugs. Our selection have been carefully handwoven with unique designs and best quality materials. Explore our new selection to find the perfect fit for your needs :